Thread: Performing
View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2002, 01:15 AM

Talking Fun!!!

Hey Papa Ray,

Got an idea for you. I once say a guy named "Lucky" do this at a show, and man was it great! I never got around to doing it, but I promise you I will!

This guy got a suit (jacket and pants) probably from the thrift store, but anyway he cut them in half...straight up from the crotch to the collar. Then he took a nice dress and cut it in half the same way, and somehow sewed these together.

Then he had a blonde wig...and yep, you guessed it, cut it in half also. You could probably guess that he had one high heel, and one penny loafer...right? As you might imagine....turned to one side, he was a guy in a suit and turned to the other, he was a cute blonde in a dress!

He sang "You don't bring me flowers" Of course both parts, turning the appropriate side to the audience for the male, then female parts. He sang the female parts in falsetto and the crowd was stunned!

It's been about 8 years since I seen that act, and believe me, I cannnot hear a Neil Diamond or Barbara Striesand song, the name Lucky, let alone the song itself being played that I don't get a smile on my face remembering what a great performance it was!

If you're out there, thanks Lucky for a great idea, and don't be to P***ed if we rip it! At least I'll give you credit when I do it!