View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerst View Post
OK, I get most of it, but what do you mean combine it with the lyrics. Do I have to type them in, or can they be extracted from the CDG? I am willing to by the software needed. Right now I only own Hoster, but if other programs are required, then, I'm all over it.Jerry
Hey, we all started new with these products, so don't be afraid to ask.

What I meant by combining it with the lyrics was both the audio track and lyrics would have to be imported into Karaoke Home Producer. You can't extract the lyrics from the commercial disc.

I set up a folder that I named LYRICS (very original). I go to the internet, find the lyrics, copy and paste them into Word Perfect which will convert text from lower to upper case (that's strictly my way, as I prefer upper case for easier reading). You could copy and paste them in lower case into notepad/wordpad if you use lower case. You can also paste them directly into Karaoke Home Producer but I prefer to prepare them in a seperate folder and then import them into KHP when I'm ready to create the Karaoke file. Either way, it saves a lot of typing.

At that time you'd import the altered audio file and the prepared lyrics text file into KHP and create the new Karaoke file. By preparing I mean setting the number of words to a line, font size, instrumental breaks, etc, which is well covered in the manual.

At the minimum you'd need Karaoke Home producer and Microstudio. Microstudio to import the track from the disc as an audio track, and KHP to create the new file. You'd also need an audio editor. I've been quite pleased witrh one called Goldwave for several years. As I recall it's in the $50.00 range.

As for MTU's Microstudio and KHp, considering the price break, you might want to consider the Karaoke Suite 4., and pick up Keyrite(key changer) and Vogone(vocal remover/reducer).

Hope this clears up some mud I may have slung around

Erectile dysfunction treatment