View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:22 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnkarl View Post
I currently run 6 cordless Vocopro (VHF4800 Freq. B, C, D, F, G & H)....not a bad mic, but looking for a top of the line cordless mic(s) for some of our better singers, so throw me some suggestions. My Vocopro's are very durable, fairly inexpensive but sound a little flat...hence I turn up the highs and helps some.
I've tried several over the last 15 years... been wireless since 2001, trying VocoPro, RSG, and Shure... I have had very good success with Shure, and can recommend the SM 58, then the Beta 58, and the SM 86, all three I use now ( the SM 58 is 7 yrs old, the beta 58 is 4 yrs old, and I bought the SM 86 on E-Bay USED, a couple of years ago... all Shure products are pricey, but also very durable... and I don't have the same complaints that I hear at some other shows, where the microphones are the next upgrade supposedly! All the Shure models that I have mentioned have a different pickup pattern, and only your ears and pocketbook will be your best guide... find some dealer, where you can go kick the tires... or go to a couple of your better competitors shows, and see what they are currently using, sing a couple of songs ( Improve Their Show ) and get an idea what the different brands sound like, using the same mixing board and amps! Come to Nogales and you can sing with all three of my wireless Shure's!

Show Computer: Dell Precision M6700--Intel I7 3720 QM Quad 3rd Gen 2.6 ghz--16 gb Ram
Integrated Onboard Graphics, 2 gb DDR2 dedicated Video Memory--500 gb SSD & 1TB SATA HD--Windows 7 Pro--External HD WD 4 tb

Backup Computer: Lenovo Ideapad 7750G--PCI Express X16 Gen3 2.5 ghz--32 gb RAM--NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M, 2048 MB DDR3 --1 TB SSD--Windows 10 Education -- 64 bit

External Optical Drives: Plextor 760A & 712A