View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Write Disc Aborted

Quote:
Originally Posted by orzelw View Post
Continuing to battle this problem... Burning discs from the "suspect" stack is sometimes successful on the first try. (The "suspect" stack is Memorex brand with a plain white printable top surface and silver underside.) But then the problem will pop up again another day. So far, if I try one or two more discs from the same stack, all will fail to write and show a user-abort message. But if I take a blank disc from a different stack (this one also Memorex, but with a "bare" top surface; plain shiny with no label or coating, and a bluish or teal colored underside), the write-to-disc completes successfully. THEN if I try another disc from the original stack (printable white top surface), it will succeed this time also!

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition on an old Compaq with a Pentium 4 and Microstudio 4.22. My CD-R is a Plextor PX-W5224A (don't know if that's a model or serial no.).
First thing that comes to mind is the quality of the discs. There are several levels of quality for discs. Be sure the discs you use are made for music quality and not data quality. MTU does sell disc that are high quality.
Not sure how old you drive is but this can also cause problems as the burning laser on them does lose power as the drive gets older. Eratic output is not unheard of either.