View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2001, 07:25 AM

Interesting comments, Admin. I wonder if your last paragraph could be interpreted as libel. Not sure why you would accuse a company that's been around for 15 years of intentionally manufacturing a product poorly in order to make customers buy the same product again. Personally, I've had several Sound Choice discs for over 4 years, and never had a problem.

On the Mediacloq thing, I've had the opposite experience. Sure, I'd like to be able to back my discs up, but the KJs I've spoken to are happy that at least their competition now has to buy their own discs instead of stealing them and operating a competing business for next to no overhead.

Anyway, legally you're not allowed to use the backup disc in any kind of commercial or professional use or environment. If you do, you're breaking the law, and stealing from Sound Choice, the songwriter and the publishing company. So, wow - everyone can have their own personal backup library that I'm sure they never use for illegal purposes. If you really believe that this is what your product is being used for, you're either very naive, or very willing to ignore reality.

PS - Did you know that you can download Microstudio from Internet sites at no cost? Serialized copies of your product, by the way. Now how does that make you guys feel? Well, now you know how Sound Choice, Sony, EMI, Warners, Metallica, Dr. Dre, etc feel.