Thread: Computer backup
View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2012, 11:48 AM
VIP

Re: Computer backup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
Your playlist files wouldn't match because the record that you copied from your other computer would be looking on your C drive for the files that were on the external drive. Theres no way around this, all I was saying was that your book ID should still match in your printed books. If you want everything to match then both computers have to use the same drive id.
I'm not sure why it did not pick up all your kma files but it could be to do with copying your mtu folder then importing the kma that it probably thought were already imported so rejected them.
I'll have to think on that some more.
Ok. In trying to do this over and over again I also tried under "build data base", to click on the excluded folder button on the top right of the window and deleted all of the excluded folders. I thought that this would remove any previous paths. I then added the new folders on my external drive but it still wouldn't pick some of the kma files.

You say it would match my song book but how is that possible if the book id's have changed? Anyway, I appreciate your help and if you think of anything please let me know.

Thank you,

Walt