View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2010, 04:41 PM
VIP

Re: Wireless video receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
The Karaoke gig that I now use it in, has strained the application of the X-10 to its limit,

Whattya mean by this, Rikki?
It's just that the ideal set up for the X-10 ( If It Has One! ) would be having the receiver and sending unit up high, with a straight line of sight, as previously mentioned... at this gig, I set it up about 5 ft off the ground, with a pool table in between, so sometimes a moving pool player will cause it to glitch, but not always, and it seems to be worse the first hour of the show, and that has me perplexed a little. Also they have a microwave oven that is in the next room, and a bartender will forget and use it to make popcorn, or heat up their dinner, and the reception will go haywire to the 2nd monitor. The distance is probably 40 to 50 ft away, and I think that may be the fringe of its limitation for broadcasting. It's just a work around or temporary fix, until I can get it permanently hardwired, even if it comes out of my pocket, which I doubt will be necessary, since the show has picked up steadily since I took it over 4 months ago... I've only tried the wireless receiver for about 2 months, after some of the regulars were asking for a larger monitor ( Older clientele mostly...) Also if the owners were not fighting through a possible divorce, I would not be stalling, and would negotiate a little more strongly... I'm just biding my time for another 30 days or so, with this gig... and like I said the clients/regulars understand it's a temporary fix, to get a 2nd monitor to view... believe me, I want to get it resolved quickly also, I hate putting out an inferior product... whether it be the speakers, microphones, monitors, etc., etc.

It's also one of my favorite watering holes, and would like to see the TV's all hardwired and individually controled... right now the outside TV's on the patio (4 ) are daisy chained to one inside, so it's one channel at a time... and the nights are getting nicer, and the outside gives me more room for more potential Karaoke singers, if all are available to me. Right now it's just the smokers that use the outside for a puff or two, because the nights have been a little too cold for anyone to sit outside, other than the Karaoke haters...lol

Show Computer: Dell Precision M6700--Intel I7 3720 QM Quad 3rd Gen 2.6 ghz--16 gb Ram
Integrated Onboard Graphics, 2 gb DDR2 dedicated Video Memory--500 gb SSD & 1TB SATA HD--Windows 7 Pro--External HD WD 4 tb

Backup Computer: Lenovo Ideapad 7750G--PCI Express X16 Gen3 2.5 ghz--32 gb RAM--NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M, 2048 MB DDR3 --1 TB SSD--Windows 10 Education -- 64 bit

External Optical Drives: Plextor 760A & 712A