View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Re: a little 'snap' at the beginning of the output file...

Quote:
Originally Posted by billykeys View Post
Frequently, I'm guessing about 75% of the time, the output file I get from Vogone has a little glitch, pop, snap, click - not sure how to describe it. It's about a quarter of a second into the file, not horrible, about 25% of peak amplitude - kind of the sound of someone plugging in a signal cord, or clicking on a cheap mic. But it bugs me enough that the perfectionist in me has to bring the file into an editor to mute it out before I go on to KHPro, I'd like to not have to take the extra step (that's the lazy-bones in me!)...

It 'seems' (I could be wrong) to happen on input files that have a couple seconds of silence at the begining. If the music starts very close to the beginnning, seems less likely to happen. Maybe the Vogone engine is trying to 'do something' with the silence and creates this pop.

Any body else experience this? Know of a setting or something to prevent it? If not I guess consider it a bug-fix request, MTU...
I agree, this "glitch" should not be there. As MikeP pointed, out since he can't duplicate it (and he KNOWS Vogone probably better than we do), it may be a problem with your computer. Not trying to dodge the bullet, but it's a possibility. Let's see if we can narrow it down.

1. As MikeP asked, what Vogone version are you running (see it in Help > About Vogone dialog)?

2. What type of song (MP3, WMA, WAV, etc.) are you processing?

3. If MP3, do you see any text warning each time Vogone runs? It could be the Lame_enc.dll is not the "full version".

4. You mention songs with silence have less changes of creating this. I can't think of anything in the core "vocal remover" algorithm that would create any sound in a silence / low amplitude area.

5. Please email mtusupport at mtu dot com an example song so we can try to duplicate the problem. We will be working on Vogone again tomorrow-Thursday. Thus, your timing is perfect to look at this.