View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2011, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Re: Report Hoster 5.00 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecaster View Post
Thanks for your interest and input ddouglas
I tried it all ...and in some case more than once......Hoster Lite will not work on the Alienware system I have.Admin says it is likely a problem with the NVIDIA card.I even considered loading Win XP on the Alienware system but changed my mind on that.I think the technology in the Alienware system is playing havoc with the program.....NVIDIA card or whatever.Sadly if something doesn't develop in the next week or so to correct this I will have to send the Alienware system back.Currently Im waithing for MTU to enable my REG code......
MTUSUPPORT worked with you this morning, if I am reading the records right, and freed up your RegCode. You had installed - removed 104 times as of when I checked just now.

Not to be commercial, but MTU sells our LC system, which is NOT a fully ruggedized system like its big brother, that has a I3. It is the most reasonable we can offer for running Hoster. The I3 is way overpowered, but will have power to burn into the future.

When we ship our LC Laptop with Hoster installed and all Windows Upgrades, and MTU recommended changes made, it is ready to use out of the box. You are spending a LOT of unnecessary time trying to make the Alienware system work. You may want to consider returning it and buying ours.

Including Hoster ($229.99), it is $1499.99.

As to our progress on fixing Nvidia's created problem, we are at a dead hold. We are trying to upgrade all MTU Software compiled last under Microsoft's DevStudio 2005, and now compile them under DevStudio 2010. It is clear that our "legacy" projects are NOT upward compatible. This is incredible that MS has done this to their developers!

We are now trying to find a MS Development Studio 2010 expert who we can pay to help us move forward again. We have struggled with this since Friday, May 13th. We believe as soon as we can compile under 2010 that Hoster and KHPro will run with NVidia. However, we are now continuing our developments under DevStudio 2005 until we can solve Microsoft's EXTREMELY BAD BLUNDER!

I am closing this thread as it relates to version 5.00. I am opening a 5.01 thread for bug reports.