View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Re: Report Hoster 5.00 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecaster View Post
I dont know if im in the right place for this so move it if you must...
I just purchased an Alienware MX11 Netbook with an I 7 Processor,a 500 gig hard drive,and 8 Gigs of ram ,running Windows 7.
I downloaded the Demo version of Hoster to see how it would work.
IT DOESN'T work.As soon as I go to play a zip file it will let me start the song ....it plays .....there is no video...and the program freezes but the song still plays...then when I try to control the program it locks up totally.The Alienware netbook also has the NVIDIA card in it but I dont know what to use in its place for drivers.
Please help if someone can as if I cant get the progam working right i will be sending the Alienware MX 11 back *:(
Hoster Lite works on my other netbook.
Thanks
Dan, we are having a problem with NVidia new cards, and I expect that is the problem here.

For the past week, we have been updating our Microsoft Development Studio to version 2010, the latest. It's a bear and they offer no help at all!

We are closing in on the last problem (I hope!) and should be re-compiling Hoster to see if the NVidia problems disappear. We "believe" they will. We'll probably add a few other tweaks and bug fixes and release this as 5.02, but I'll say if NVidia works, we'll speed things up to get it out to everyone.

As to the ZIP file, can you play that same file on your Hoster Lite system that, I assume, is running correctly? If not, there may be a problem with the ZIP we aren't handling yet.

If you find the ZIP is bad, please fill out a Support Ticket and attach it to it, describing the problem you experienced. We'll dissect the ZIP and find out what other "error trap" we need to add. We already have 11 error traps to capture all sorts of problems reported to us over the years.