View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2005, 06:12 PM

Post Re: I can't stand it

My two cents,

I don't think BigMike is talking about file sharing.(per se) I think he's suggesting joint business venture. There is no copyright law that prevents DJ's or KJ's from joining two businesses (or assets) to one. OK let's say I own 100 disc's (originals) and you own 100 disc's and I want to KJ on Friday night and you want to KJ on Tuesday night so we enter into a joint venture as one KJ company if you will. We split the take. Where is the illegal in that? I totally agree with the pirating thing, it's not good for anyone except the one's doing it. (or at least untill they get caught) The same money is spent for 200 original discs and the same discs are being used for one gig at a time. Not rocket science. In a court of law that would be reasonable if you could prove as such. In a court of law you are suppose to innocent untill proven guilty, aren't you?

You and me go into a Music store and you put in $10 and I put in $10 and we buy a $20 disc. We both have rights to that disc. (the original) Only one backup can be made still. Where is that scenario illegal as long as the original goes back and forth between the two of us? Copyright law does not state that I can't sell this original CD on Ebay or give it away for that matter. It just says that I can't sell it or give it away and keep a backup for myself.

Entering into a joint business venture can be tricky in itself but that would only apply if you were ask to prove your ownersship of all discs and then your business partner wanted to deny a partnership. So yes that would create a problem but otherwise..............I don't think so.

Ok, maybe 4 cents
Wally