View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2006, 10:42 PM

140,000 songs????

I know this has been brought up before, but I just have to share this. The other night I went to a fellow KJ's show. He said he had over 140,000 plus songs on his computer with a Sax & Dotty program. He says he has so many songs, that his books only reflect a portion of his songs. Undoubtedly, there would HAVE to be " duplication ". And, how large would his hard drive have to be? I am dumbfounded by some of my fellow KJ's being more proud of the amount of songs than the quality of their show. No offense to anyone out there. It is getting harder and harder to buy discs to add to my collection as it is, without duplication. I have about 15,000 songs myself, with a 200 GB drive; plus my Winamp with 10, 000 DJ type songs. I have free space; but I don't see room for 140,000. Like someone had said previously, you can only play so many songs a night. It seems to me, that TOO large of a selection for your singers to choose from, can hamper you just a little. Perhaps this is more of an ego issue for my friend, than it is quality?