View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2004, 03:06 AM

Re: Karaoke do's & don'ts

These are the Do's and Don't I have in my books!

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urnchemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

1) To other singers ….they get up to entertain you, and sing their hearts out. Please applaud for them when they are done!! And PLEASE do NOT BOO or be negative! PLEASE be courteous<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

2) DO NOT YELL, blow or “tap” on the microphones! Just turn it on and say “hello!” They are delicate instruments! Also please DO NOT SWING THE MIC BY THE CORD.. (UNLESS YOU ARE ROGER DALTREY FROM THE WHO. Then YOU can pay for it when it is broken!)<o:p></o:p>

3) Please DO NOT put songs in for other people without their approval; it slows the show down, and may embarrass someone!<o:p></o:p>

4) Please be patient while waiting for your turn to sing. We have a “rotation” system, and we do put 1<SUP>st</SUP> time singers in before someone who has already sung, it is only fair!<o:p></o:p>

5) Once a song is submitted, please do NOT ask to change it, as the host/hostess has them programmed into the system, and it will slow the show down. Also do not keep approaching the host and ask “how long before I am up”? Even though it looks like a good time, the host is working hard, and will not forget you.<o:p></o:p>

6) SING ONE BRING ONE!!! When the host calls you to sing, bring your next selection with you. This will keep your spot in the rotation, and the host will NOT get flooded with song slips. They can’t baby sit 10 song requests for you, and keep everyone in the rotation. Imagine if 15 singers filled out 10 slips apiece, and gave them to the host to keep track of!!<o:p></o:p>

7) Please do not get up and sing with someone or take a mic from us unless he or she or we ask you to!<o:p></o:p>

8) NO ONE OTHER THAN SOUND OF THE TIMES DJ’S<o:p></o:p>

Are allowed behind the “booth”, or to handle ANY equipment or discs. <o:p></o:p>

LET”S ALL HAVE A GREAT TIME AND SING!!!!!<o:p></o:p>