View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Hoster 5.04 Bug Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne White View Post
I have always maintained my own database without any problems. In the 'old days' I corrected song names & artists within the database after importing them as '1' in the name & pasting the names in from Excel after the fact since I could not paste all of them at once while importing.

So 1 problem with 5.04 requiring to rebuild my database to work it; is putting 1 in for the name and artist on a # of songs. This I can live with because I could easily fix them if not for problem # 2.

The second problem is; 3/4 of my BookIDs are wrong in the new database - I realized that they didn't match while attempting to fix problem # 1. I did a match of the 2 files by BookID and only 1/4 of my songs still have the same BookID.

Since I see no mention of this, I guess I must be the only one it happened to.
Are you referring to the rebuild when you initially opened this version? If so did you let it run to completion? All of the beta testers did this same rebuild and did not have any problems with it. In fact we all did this several times over, during the various steps of testing going back to a previously saved copy of the database to make sure each time it ran correctly with no changing of BookIDs.
When you did the pasting from Excel did you do this in the Edit utility of Hoster?
What version did you upgrade from?
Can you give us some examples of BookIDs that changed?