View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCapDude View Post
Ok Dale...... I will explain everything step by step. But first, I ran a system restore and Microstudio 4.20 is back, so no water under the bridge.
Before you move on down to the second part of this please explain this. If I am reading this right you have version 4.20 on your machine right now after the system restore? This is the current version and there is no new upgrade above that, so if that is the version you have then you are good to go.
Before you do any thing else open Microstudio, go to Help\View Registration Code and write it down.

Quote:
I double clicked on the new free upgrade, and the very first screen that pops up is a welcome message stating that a prior version of Microstudio has been found. I am then warned that I must remove the prior version before I can install the new one. If I click "next" the prior version will be removed. So I am back to square one. According to the email I received, the upgrade is free based on my prior version. I do not see a choice of keeping the older version and installing the newer one.
There is not an option for keeping both versions. The "Upgrade" option would allow it to install over the earlier version without having to remove it. If you don't see this then that is not available for this upgrade. This would be because some files had to be moved to another location so they had to be removed.

Quote:
If I do install the new version, the instructions for locating and entering my original registration code for 4.20 from my account are not working. I hope this makes everything clearer.
The email (I got it too) says if you have version 4.000 or higher then the upgrade is free.
If you login to your store account the first page lists all of your registration codes. You said you have 4 registration codes (all for Microstudio?). So what version was the last one you purchased (highest number)? That would be the correct one. Also note what the email address listed with it, because that also has to be the same.
Knowing the one that should work (from above) what error message did you get when you used that one?