View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2001, 12:13 PM
Starting Member

multitrack support

Which ASUS motherboard are you using? What model of SCSI drives do you have? Are you using any other SCSI devices? All of these things would have bearing on any answers I could provide.

I have built 7 different MTU based work stations in the last several years using various motherboards and have always been able to resolve the hardware issues. My current configuration consists of a SuperMicro S2DL3 Motherboard with Dual Pentium III Xeon 700 processors. It is running Windows NT on a SCSI drive running from the on board SCSI controller. The second segment of the on board SCSI controller is used to control the Yamaha 4216S CD/RW drive. I have also added an adaptec 3200 S RAID controller and configured 8 72 GB 15000 RPM LVD Ultra 160 SCSI drives in a RAID 0/1 Array. A 3com 3c905c TX completes the system.

If you will provide me with your hardware specs, I will advise you as best I can. I would also recommend that you switch to Windows NT 4.0 Workstation as it is significantly more stable than Windows 98. Note: I do NOT recommend Windows ME or Windows 2000 as both of these products require more hardware and come with a new set of problems. In general, stay away from MS upgrades until the release of SP1 for the 9x OS family or at least SP3 for the NT OS family. (OK, I was a SysAdmin in my former life.)