View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2009, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

"Nasty Brown color"??? All the Chartbusters I have use a Blue background with Gold (yellow?) lettering. There was a brand using a light brown background that used to drive my TVs out of sync, but I don't remember which brand it is.
The new format of changing the whole screen helps to keep down the number of glitches by wiping the screen clean.
When that was put into the manual is was mainly because the cheaper disks they were using for reproduction that had thinner backing making the data harder to read with more errors produced. Both Hoster and Microstudio have made huge strides in the error correcting department that now I don't have any Chartbusters with glitches. If I find one that we missed I just re-import with the newer versions of Hoster and no more problems.
Actually now I would say a Chartbuster disc would be an excellent test for a drive to see just how well it performs. Not sure I would use it for a test to determine if a drive will work in Hoster or MS.
I haven't had any complaints about them or there sync though yes I think most are a slight bit early which works fine for slow responding drunks.