View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2005, 03:56 PM

Re: I can't stand it

Your saying that me using your CDs, not copys of your CDs is illegal? Would using your equipment be illegal too? What about DJing for you then I am using your music and your equipment and making money off it too. If I DJ for you and add my music to your selection is that illegal? then the next week I need you to fill in for me at one of my gigs. Would it be illegal for you to add your music to the selection while you were there?

Don't get me wrong, what bothers me about what these guys are doing is one guy is selling bootleg copies of music to everyone in Central Oregon. Making it cheaper for those guys to run a show then in turn charging less to do a show. This all spiraling down to the fact that honest KJs are losing money staying honest. Not to mention the program this guy is adding to the computer is also a boot leg, so is the OS the computer is operating on.

Most likely this guy is building the exact model computer and putting a ghost image of the original. The music is illegal, the Microsoft XP license is illegal, the host software is illegal, and any other software loaded on it like Word and Excel. This guys is building the computer for dirt cheap because the most expensive part of building a computer is the software and OS and selling it for $2000.00. More then it would caost to buy a brand spanking new PC with all the trimings. I buy a CD-G for $9.99 to $32.00 lets say the $9.99 CD has 10 songs that's a buck a song that's $30.000 worth of music these DJs are buying for $2k THAT'S Illegal.