View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2007, 09:01 PM

Angry I don't see much difference between 2003 & 10.0

Quote:
Originally posted by George
Got to agree with you in part as the older versions of Ghost were a bit cumbersome. I still use 2003 which was marketed until a year or two ago when Synmantic bought out another product and revised their platform. My understanding the Ghost currently being marketed is much leaner and meaner, including tha ability to restore individual files.. That's the Ghost purchasers today are getting. I think they market it to just XP and 2000, which considering O.S. support alone got rid of a lot of tonnage, as the 3000 version supported everything including 98.

Glad to see you back.

Hi George:

It’s nice to be back and see some old names still hanging around.

There really isn’t that much difference between Ghost 2003 and its replacement (version 10.0); they also have a so called “Ghost Solution Suite.” True the new version became leaner when they decided not to support Windows 98 etc. but then, in true Symantec fashion, they added a bunch of useless garbage to justify its price that, in my opinion, makes it even clumsier than 2003. Don’t get me wrong, I own both versions but I only buy Symantec products because I have to support my clients.

Take Norton Internet Security 2006 and now 2007 for example. They dumped everything in that software, including the proverbial kitchen sink and them some. Its redundant dirty code is only second to Microsoft’s. That thing is a resources hog and it’s impossible to uninstall. If they don't watch their steps and their products strategy, they’ll have some problems in the market.

Smaller companies such as Webroot, to name one, is already causing a big buzz on the virus killers bandwagon.

Regards,

Jon

ASUS M32AD Desktop (Core i3, 16GB, 1TB, Windows 10)

Last edited by jaddams; February 19th, 2007 at 09:13 PM.