Thread: .lst files
View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Re: .lst files

Yes, any files saved after your moving them are valid .lst files. It does not matter that the .lst file is on the C drive.
The .lst file is just a text file containing an index to where the song files were at the time of saving them. If after saving a .lst file you move the original song files to another folder or drive or rename them just slightly, the .lst file will not be able to find them again.
Renaming files in the Hoster edit dialog will not affect them as this only edits header information not the actual file names.
Maybe this point could be looked at in future editions or though to my knowledge you are the only person that has mentioned it.
You might get it noticed better if you start a thread for it in the Microstudio New Features Requests, were it is less likely to be forgotton.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.