View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2000, 06:40 AM
Administrator

First, I am not aware of a user of either of these 2 programs ever reporting a crash as you do. The problem appears to be unique to your system hardware/software/installation.

You should read the posts in these Forums about video lagging audio and the like. I expect your video card may have less than 8MB RAM, which is a current requirement. We have a new version of Microstudio and Karaoke Home Producer to be released by the end of this week if al goes well. The play code has been totally rewritten from ground up, and may solve your problem if it is just video RAM.

Does Play lock your system on EVERY song you play, or only some? Pick a song that does not have the video fade out or in (multiple pallette changes that can cause our player problems on certain computers). The "graphically simpler" the song the better it is for testing to see if this might be the problem.

It is clear that you are able to read and write with the CDR drives. The problem is the ability to play, with Microstudio or Karaoke Home Producer. Run DXDIAG on your computer (elsewhere in the forum is an explanation of how to do this, including saving the data) and save the data to the hard drive. Name the file yourfirst-lastname-dxdiag.txt so we know who it is from and what it is.

Email the file to support@mtu.com. Bryan is down with the Flu at the moment, and we are on Holiday which is why I'm not recommending you call our office. In the body of your email describe everything you can or copy/paste the HTML address for this Thread #152 (you can see it on your Browser's address line when you have this Thread open). Add any new data you find, such as results of the test I mentionn above.

I think the new releases might be the cheapest answer, if you can wait until they are released. However, if there is something else causing the problem, we can put this time to good use diagnosing it.