View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2004, 07:02 PM

Re: Audible Pop When Changing Key Up

Thanks George for trying to duplicate the problem.

By the way, I don't need to actually write the new file to hear the pop. It's there immediately if I initiate Preview Play when any upward key change is selected. The pop occurs when the graphics on the button change from "Preview Play" to "Stop Preview" (whether I've used the mouse or keyboard navigation to click the button).

Since there's no pop when I initiate Preview Play in either 0 or any downward key, I've tried to circumvent the pop by waiting until playback starts before selecting the desired upward key change. Doing that results in no pop being heard during Preview Play, but it is recorded to the new file.

George, on what may be totally unrelated, could you check the file size and/or playing time of the track you ran your test on (original vs. key changed)? In my case, a new track written by Keyright is slightly larger than the original. Not much, but I'd like to confirm this what everyone else experiences as well. For example, original track play time reported by MicroStudio is 04:15:30 whereas the new track created by Keyright is 04:15:37.

Thanks,

bernie