Thread: 5.5 question
View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Frequent Member

...back IN to Medit

....I have been told by at least 3 MTU users that you can open an .SF in Cool Edit and Sound Forge (I'm assuming Nuendo and Wavelab, as well) as something like a "generic 32 bit Floating Point file", although I simply have not had time to test it myself........It's getting it BACK IN to Medit that I am asking about. Charles Lawson, I believe, posted a note about a year ago about having successfully manipulated the header to do just that, but has not responded about it since. I have never been able to find his post, nor has the admin ever chosen to respond to this request on my part....This is the single, simple key to prolonging the life of Medit....If I can't get this, I may just shut my systems down and sell at least one of them.

Wavelab is able to duplicate every function of Medit except for instantaneous gain of more than 6 db (you appear to need to process to do that, which is still pretty quick, like in Nuendo)....As I learn to organize myself in the program, it's getting quite quick, and being able to manipulate the volume envelope quickly from unlimited points on the line is proving to be very effective for editing the kind of live stuff I'm used to in MTU.....The way they have "mouse zones" set up in the clips eliminates a lot of the more stupid menu hunting that you find in Nuendo.

As far as ILok- I was told when I sprung for the whole platinum bundle 10 days ago that authorization was better, but I am still in the pre-authorization period. I do need to have this thing on 2 computers (second is a laptop), so if that means ILok, then I have to go that route.