View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2019, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Major laptop issues on 2 different machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbodine70 View Post
Even though i had it made with a 256 ssd for the os and programs and a 2tg sata for storage i made the decision to go with my files on a external and share between the two machines so no matter which i used everything would be the same. Got the HP yesterday morning and after a chat with Bryan i have successfully set it up and it works perfectly on both machines.First i changed the drive letter with windows on both machines. then i moved all my kma files to the external drive, then i moved the C/MTU/karaoke files to the external as that is where hoster indexes KMA files, Then created a folder in on the external and named it hoster master data i opened hoster went though the tools menu clicked data file then clicked browse found the folder i created selected it and moved the folder. I deleted hoster from the dell installed it on the HP did the same process only instead of moving the data folder i selected to use the one i just created. next i went to the index screen as if i were going to add files but stopped once i got to the index screen and i changed to save files to folder to the external drive. then i went to the song edit menu and used the my drive letter changed function because even though everything showed up and i could search my database they wouldn’t load because the path was wrong. i had KMA files stored in drive E and hoster had the new idexes stored in C. So I had to run the drive letter change twice once for each drive. did that on both machines and they work perfectly. Now any changes made one one machine will automatically be on the other when i plug the external in.
Only thing I would point out if using one drive to store your music, make a backup of the music files somewhere else if that drive fails you’ll lose the lot.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.