Thread: A slow plextor
View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2004, 12:13 PM

Exclamation Dxdiag

Dan,

after reading your dxdiag I did notice some minor problems that may not have an impact on your existing problem but I just thought I would let you know:

You have an integrated sound device (SoundMax) that is not disable in your Bios which is saying Yes for the default sound playback when your SB Live should be the default card!

I would first disable the Soundmax in the Bios.

If your C drive is where your Windows is installed, why is the drive in FAT32 when the E drive is an NTFS?? The C drive appears to be a 20 gig drive that might be spinning at 5400rpm?

You see, my experience tells me that Windows XP will work MUCH better when installed on NTFS and any other drive you install for Music should be FAT32.

Another thing, are you saving the imported songs (Microstudio)into you C drive? If yes, you only have 2.3 gig available so this could slow down the import.

If you do have the skills and of course the patient I would recommend you start from fresh with an all new installation, you just won't believe the difference when Windows is installed properly!!

I can guide you thru the process if you wish...

regards