View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2010, 09:27 PM

Re: MS For Windows 7 64 Bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Our Hoster IMPORT and DVD Drive Detector code and IMPORT function works perfectly.

The problem is in the DVD DEFAULT DRIVE detector for the WRITE function with the code we have been shipping for years. It won't work with the 64-bit "virtual drives mapping" all 64-bit Win OS use. What you see - and as I recall EmilioM also sees this - is an @ where the drive letter should be. Yes, if you only have one optical drive, it will work anyway. If you have 2 optical drives, it can fail.

We have been integrating our IMPORT function DVD Drive Detector code into Microstudio, and integrating our new WRITE function code with this. However, our CDG "encryptor" code generated errors, and the created CDG RW codes have graphic "flecks". THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE TO US, so we won't release it as it would damage our good reputation.

We can try to come up with a stop-gap product that would include our older WRITE code, forcing MS to only run on a system with a SINGLE OPTICAL DRIVE, and use our perfect IMPORT function code that detects the drive.

We had been stuck on hold for about 2 weeks, but this approach may be acceptable for us to release. We'd add code that detects if more than one optical drive is present, and if so require ony one to be attached to the computer. I'll talk to Engineering tomorrow.
Admin., On my new computer, I do indeed have only 1 optical drive. Thanx for the info, and thanx for working so diligently to put out a superior product.

JRMerc

Memories & More