View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Are you installing Windows 98SE or ME?

MTUSUPORT has discovered a very obscure problem.

If you are running Windows 98SE or ME, then to install, register and run Microstudio you MUST have a Network card or port on your computer. If not, the "Serial Number does not match" error will appear and prevent it from running. Out of the thousands who are running Microstudio 2.604, the few who are experiencing this problem seem to be fixed by adding a Network card.

We are working on a code fix, but it will probably be 2-4 weeks off before we release. If you don't have a network card, you can find one for less than $20, or wait for Microstudio 2.605.

We are just about ready to say we NO LONGER SUPPORT WINDOWS 98SE OR ME! Microsoft has discontinued support, and its just becoming too much of a burden to continue tracking down such obscure bugs that are caused by these discontinued Windows versions. Its not our fault, but we catch the insults. So... look for the announcement before the end of the year. NO MORE WIN98 or ME SUPPORT from MTU!

ANYONE who is still running Windows 98SE or ME, UPGRADE NOW to XP Home or XP Pro.