View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2003, 12:40 PM

Error Write Command Failed on device 1:0:0

I'm using the custom assembly tag of 2.400 to write CDG's from hard disc to CD and have the following error reported;

Write Command Failed on device 1:0:0
unrecoverable harware error (04h 00h 02h 04h 08h 03h)

There is no pattern as to when the error occurs although there is a tendancy for it to happen at the end of a track (prob=60%). Sometimes I can write 20 tracks with no problem and then I try to copy another CDG and the error will occur. I have stopped as many tasks as I can identify that may be running in the background and tried changing write and read speeds and other varibles within 2.400 as possible with no success.

To elliminate failures, I select the tracks to write, run the test Test CD, remove any tracks that give errors, re-read the track/s from the original CDG, and retest. If two tests work, I try the wrie but this does not always succeed. When I play the tarcks from disk, there are no obvious problem.

The CD wrier is a HP C-writer +9100 ver1.0c
I have two hard disks, an IBM 120GB partioned and a Quantum 20GB disk. I have tried copying from both disks.
I am writing to EMTEC CD-R 48x 80 min High performance blanks. Attached is a directx report.

Have you come across this problem and can you help?