View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2018, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Re: How to get Hoster to index a folder with multiple sub-folders

300,000, that’s a lot of zip files ?
300,000 actual songs.

Unless they are all in exactly the same define field order you are going to have problems.

As you have them folders within folders you will have to use the backslash in the define field order setup to make them recognised.
I attach a screenshot of the define field order set as Folder for Brand and A folder for Disc ID then the normal separators for the file names within the folders.

My example shows the track # separated but if yours omits a track # then you would skip that separator.

As I say unless they are all exactly the same as the define field order, Not some with track # some without, some with Title- Artist Others Artist - Title order you will run into problems unless you separate them into smaller groups.

Are you importing them as KMA or KMH ? KMA is going to double up your hard drive space.

Another thing if its starting over and its already indexed some you could get problems with duplicated Disc Ids unless you delete the old database each time so always starting from scratch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Define field order with folders.jpg (425.7 KB, 7 views)
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; February 10th, 2018 at 07:00 PM.