View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2001, 09:30 AM

Question Vogone 2 Testing Results

I had no trouble installing or using Vogone II. I did have trouble getting into the beta testers forum. I kept getting sent to Microstudio instead. Finally, I came at in a different way and accessed it through the forums index. Also I read the Manual pretty carefully, and I can't find any check box for Enable Loop Play. Am I just not looking in the right place? Where is the right place? At this point I have to close down Vogone 2 to start a new song or even a new version of the song I am working on.

As you know the thing I do best is "hear" the sound of the music and catch any distortion and report on that, so that is what I tried to concentrate on. On the whole, Vogone 2 was easy to use and I did read the manual cover to cover. Anyway, I tested these four songs which I chose because each had it's own unique aspect:

The Little Girl John Michael Montgomery
Mainly Lead Vocalist, minimal backup
Goodbye Earl Dixie Chicks
Lead Singer with lots of back up vocals
and instrumentation
Travelin' Man Ricky Nelson
Lead Singer, no back up vocals in the version
I used
Barbara Ann The Beachboys
Lots of harmony, back up vocals,
instrumentals

I didn't have a lot of luck eliminating lead singers voices, Ricky Nelson Travelin' Man turned out the best, but the vocals were still just softened not removed.
I didn't have much luck at all on Barbara Ann or Goodbye Earl, in fact after trying for about a half an hour on each song I just gave up.
The Little Girl was not too bad, but still not great (or even good) and I have come to expect greatness from MTU.

I can hear a lot of sound distortion with the sliders when they're all the way to either end. I didn't have any trouble with skipping in the songs, they all played fine, I just couldn't get the vocals eliminated, even with the simpler songs. I tried Vogone I & oddly enough, it seemed to work as well or better than Vogone 22. I also tried making more than one pass with a song, but it made little difference. I couldn't climinate the vocals clearly and had to be careful with the settings or the songs were distorted. I think you guys are great, but I don't think Vogone 2 is doing what I hoped it would do.

Peace,
kellifa