View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2007, 06:28 PM

I Too Get 0 Byte Imports with MS Demo

I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop and was curious if it supported Microstudio and/or Holster. I already own both programs but did not want to waste an installation on the laptop so I downloaded the demo version of Microstudio.

The laptop has XP-Pro SP2 installed. Microstudio recognizes the internal CD-ROM drive (Matshita UJDA330) and it does list a disc's tracks correctly. However, it will neither play nor import tracks from the drive. The lyrics screen opens and then immediately closes. The import feature goes through the motions, even diplays the "imported" message. But as another user reported, the file created doesn't contain anything. It's 0 bytes.

All other aspects of the program work fine (plays both cdg and kma files created in my other installations).

The CD-ROM drive can correctly report the number of and playing time of the cdg tracks, but won't actually transfer data from them. I am looking for suggestions to identify the problem and am willing to experiment if it helps solve an issue that apprears not be unique to my configuration.