View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2003, 04:32 PM
Blocked From MTU.Community

Hi Bryan,
I'm seeing it with 5.4 and Win98SE. My concern is that the 5.4 sent on the CD with 5.5 and the last Krystal maybe isn't complete-- not sure. But I tried what you mentioned and got Medit briefly on the screen and then it went away.

I then did try installing 5.5 but that didn't work either, so I uninstalled it. I think a few places on the web site still state that 5.5 will run with Win 98, also-- you might want to check and modify if so. Gets confusing.

My worry is that there was a new VXD issued as a patch for 5.4 and I'm not sure that patch was in the 5.4 on the CD you sent, since it did not show up in the Medit54 installed directory.

Also the readmes and the help file were missing in the 5.4 package that came on the CD with the Krystal, making things a little more confusing! That was why I emailed you to request you send a complete version if possible.

By the way, I did get 5.4 running just fine with WinME on another machine-- but that one already had 5.4 on it under Win 98SE and I simply upgraded Windows-- but the problematic one is on another computer as I noted in the post.

Let me know what you think I should do. Thx. --Rich