Thread: Bose L1 System
View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman144 View Post
Some of the old guard are very reluctant to acknowledge the Bose L1 system as a great system. I recommend the L2 with double bass module, and the little tone engine mixer does a fantastic job with quality effects. I had the L1, sold it, but bought two L2 w/double bass. I plug my computer via usb, no mini plugs to mess with. Single bass units DO NOT do the job. I have played in venues seating 4-600 using one single L2, double bass, played 1000 seat venue using two L2 systems. Great even sound that fills a room without pushing to get sound to the back. One well known R&R singer joined me one night and couldn't believe what he was hearing.
As i said, old guard does not want to accept it, but, i have used it for two years up and down the east coast without fail. Buy it without fear. Someone said it was pricey, Hell, i have had mixers that cost that much alone. i thought $3,400 was a great deal compared with what my other stuff cost, and only weighs 65lbs in the back seat of a car, replacing a fourteen foot trailer full of gear! Give me a break. Now i did keep my pro system for pro concert work when needed, but i haven't met anyone who uses the Bose system that would change back.
muzicman
One of my competitors has an L1 system, and I have to admit it sound great when adjusted properly. She has the single subwoofer unit. she's also a senior, so the less weight the better...Go for it!
System #1
Dell Latitude E6400 Pentium Duo Core
Windows 7 Professional
4GB RAM
8xDVD-RW
320GB hard disk drive
160 GB External HD USB