View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2021, 09:33 AM
VIP

Re: I can\\\\\\\'t play singers disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by N181RV View Post
I am running hoster version 5.35.01.1 from about 5 or 6 years ago.
About a year ago, I went from Win7 to Win10.
When I tap \\\\\\\"singers disc\\\\\\\" and insert a disc, it seems to search for it but in a few seconds, the drive opens and the disc pops out.
A window appears that seems to be a micro soft window that tells me to insert a disc. When I put it back in, the same thing happens.
I am a casual user for personal enjoyment. Since I converted to Win7, this is the first time that I have ever inserted a CD to play using the \\\\\\\"singers disc\\\\\\\" function.
With Win7 I used it now and then and everything always worked fine.
Any ideas.

Tnx, Phil
The first thing I would do is check to see if there is an updated driver for the cd drive. You can also test the drive through Hoster but I don\\\'t remember how to direct you to that procedure with the older version of Hoster. You can also try a cd without opening Hoster and see if it will recognize it. If it won\'t it may be the driver as I mentioned above or a faulty cd drive.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.