View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2007, 09:03 AM
Blocked From MTU.Community

Excellent stuff from Jim, as always.

And I totally agree about the converters being a huge diff too. It's amazing how different in fact, from mediocre to really good - and more money does not necessarily mean better either.

Very interesting about the Alesis, something I will also check out as a unit like that might be useful at times around here. I never went down that partic. road when Mackie and others were making similar units.

I will have to give Wavelab another demo based on his notes. As for Audition, a new Mix magazine showed up yesterday and there's a brief review of Audition in there which seemed to mention many of the same things I posted.
Audition has built in CD burning too, but I've never used it, preferring to stick with the MTU and Golden Hawk combo since that has worked really well for us for a long time. But if Golden Hawk is now gone, I might have to look for future at other stuff.

Geezer and I both have discussed differences we've noted between discs and recorders as well.

Geg Hopkins? Gosh, there's a name have not heard in years-- he used to post here a LOT!

Likely Gary will want to offer for Geezer's MTU stuff. But if he's not interested, I might be. We have a lot of it but I guess never hurts to have a few more spares if price is right. Heck I have even some of the pre-Krystal boards packed up someplace around here!

Hope you are both well and good luck with the new building Jim. Sounds like a lot of space- terrific!

Rich