Thread: Windows 8
View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Windows 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
Just a few comments/thoughts based on our experiences with Windows 8 with Hoster 5.08:
  • We still have issues with songs skipping and often getting out of sync. I have replaced them & sometimes it corrects the problem, sometimes not. Cannot predict or document when these occur, but it is unique to Windows 8...never had problems with Windows 7 Ultimate on this same machine
  • When importing songs (KMA format) we are getting a number of extremely long silent lead outs...sometimes as long as the song.
  • Still experiencing unexpected shut downs. This always happens when background music is active and minimized. It doesn't seem to happen when not minimized. Fortunately, this always happens between singers. It is not as common as with Win 7, but still an annoyance.
  • When importing zip files->KMA, if you let Hoster assign Book ID, it tends to overwrite existing files. The only sure way is to start with a new block of 100. It would be nice if it automatically filled in the blanks...ie used the unassigned numbers. Since Access is the engine behind the db, this should not be a big hurdle.
I've followed all of the instructions for setting XP/ Win 7, inasmuch as is possible with Win 8.

Equipment:
HP Pavilion G7; Pentium B950 2.1Ghz; 8GB ram; Seagate 1Tb 7,200rpm HD; Windows 8 Professional 64
Seawolf, I am going to direct MTUSUPPORT to this post as they are almost ready to release 5.09 that I believe has remedied the unexpected shutdowns.
I don't know why you should get the overwrite existing files issue but they have been working on some rebuild database issues.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.