View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Blocked From MTU.Community

Quote:
Originally posted by C. Staley
AbSmith7:

You "reformat frequently?"

Why?

It amazes me at the number of people that I hear are "reformatting their drive(s)" to try to eliminate a virus they've downloaded or they don't know enough about what they're doing so they "wipe the slate clean" periodically.

It's interesting because I've been involved with computers now for 22 years... during that time (that ENTIRE time), I've had a total of TWO (count 'em... 2!) "hard disc crashes." And these were directly accoutable to hardware failures (bearings burnt up or microchip burnt out) and NOT to improper software installations and/or a virus...

If you "reformat frequently" then there's something wrong with the way you're operating your computer. IF you reformat because of a possible virus issue, then get a second computer for downloading and testing/cleaning and don't use the one that contains the tools you use most often.

But don't complain to the software engineers because YOU are the one that is voluntarily removing and reinstalling their software --- it ain't the software that's the problem here.
IS THIS GUY FOR REAL???