View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2008, 09:16 PM

Agreed,

I use a Crown XTi 4000 in my personal system and it is hands down the best amp I have ever heard and will drive anything I hook it up to without noise or problems.

The Behringer stuff is the same that I hear from everyone. When I purchased that EP 2500 it was what I could afford at the time for that system and it was a necessity (fried a Peavey amp the night before and fired a DJ). Low cash and a show to do. And we all know the show must go on.

I don't knock Behringer's equipment cause they do manufacture some really good stuff and I have many of their components (and none has ever failed). My opinion is that they exist to keep the big boys honest. Mackie and Crown and Yamaha could probably charge a lot more for their products if they didn't have lower end guys eating into their market share.

Please understand that I agree with you that they are likely rip-offs or re-engineered or however anyone wants to put it. But, I think it helps us on the purchasing end a lot more than it's really hurting and it keeps the high-end advancing its technology to stay ahead.

Monolith Entertainment