View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2008, 07:43 PM

ep 2500

I know this is probably a little late but I have an EP 2500 in one of my mobile DJ systems. It was as much power as I could afford at the time.

What I like about it:
I've been running it bridged into a pair of Peavey SP-5s for two years and it has never failed. The sound is pretty clean even for a Behringer (but this is their top of the line amp so its to be expected). The settings on the back are easy to understand if you know your gear. And the daisy chain capability simplifies monitor and/or subwoofer amp setup (for me anyway). The power is very good and drives my system pretty well.

What I don't like about it:
There is no clip warning, contrary to their advertisement when this thing clips (even a little -- so as not to destroy your speakers) it stops until it resets so watch your levels very closely until you're used to things. I use a compressor limiter in this system to get rid of transients and allow as much good signal as I can before clipping and it took a while to get it just right.
Long winded bass will feel empty. Kinda hard to describe but it just doesnt seen to have the oomph to produce bass for extended periods which isn't a major problem for me and my clientele.

All in all a very good amp for the price but if you can afford it there are other better amps in that power range. I've been given to understand that the EP 2500 is just a redesign of a QSC 2500 watt amp for a lower price. I don't know if that is true but I've looked at both and the setups are surprisingly similar. But I can tell you that the EP2500 does what it is supposed to do if you don't try to kill it and the price is pretty easy to swallow too.

Monolith Entertainment