View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for easing my mind. And I agree I do not surf the internet with my show machine either, but I do connect to MTU (have to for installs) and Microsoft to keep the updates current.
As to the registry, changes have to be made to the registry with most programs you install, especially when you upgrade versions. The registry is a file that contains information used by those programs and by Windows to make them work together nicely. If you don't allow the changes then in most cases your programs will not work. Look at the registry as a filing system index (like the libraries card files) that tells the computer where to find information needed for it to function. Just like in a library sometimes that information changes and has to be corrected in the index. This is not a bad thing and is not going to hurt your computer. With McAfee or Spybot (has this function too) letting you know about the changes this is great but they also allow you to make the final decision. I doubt I will sway you on Microstudio, but you need to be aware that Hoster does the same thing. If you change something in Hoster it is added or changed in the registry, but since you don't have McAfee on your show machine you don't see this.