View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post
Now if this triggers when I have not been installing then I look thoroughly into it to make sure it is not some kind of spyware or virus.

It's only on my studio pc, and i do not go online with it accept dirrectly to the mtu download link. Every time i go to use this new version of Microstudio either at the very beginning, or the very end of using it, my pop up rings that hoster wants to change my registry settings. I actually don't need it to keep track of where i put things. There are only a couple of places i put them anyway. I see absolutly no difference in the performace of Microstudio when i block these changes. Just a pain is all..my older version didn't do this, and it works just fine. Back to the older version i guess.
Your older version only set things in the registry once. It also only used one folder for the song file you imported. In other words this new version has a much broader capability and those settings have to be saved to the registry. The reason you probably don't see any difference in performance is most likely because you have not changed any of the default settings.
The pop-up you see from McAfee should have a check box or something to indicate for it to Always Allow these changes. Then you should not see this pop-up for Microstudio again after that.