View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2002, 12:06 PM

I, too, would dearly love to see Microeditor brought up to date since it is still, hands-down, my favorite paradigm out there. I still use all of my personal systems and work systems extensively every day. I would not give them up for anything!

However, I really must progress into the hi-rez and multi-channel arena. I have delayed it for far too long. My choices seem to come down to SADiE and Merging. (I've had a little hands-on experience with Nuendo and don't feel that it is yet up to a truly professional standard. No native systems can be adequate for my needs, I fear.) I'm leaning toward the Merging system because of its pedigree and the fact that it seems more MTU-like than other systems that I have investigated. I will be using a Merging system extensively during the next week and will report my findings here (or privately, if Dave prefers) sometime during the week after that.

I heave heavy sighs every day over the thought of having to work more with other systems and less with Microeditor. If I had tons of money to spare, I would funnel it into MTU, if Dave would let me, to keep this still-outstanding product moving forward and providing the features that the current market demands. Alas, I haven't won the lottery yet and don't make enough in public broadcasting to get me to that level any time soon.

Well, it's back to Microeditor for me right now as I once again use it to produce three or four projects in the same time that it would take me to do one with another system.

Best of luck to us all...

Chas.

--
Charles Lawson
Senior Recording/Production Engineer
WETA Radio & Television, Washington, D. C.