View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Frequent Member

Where is MicroEditor heading(if anywhere)?

----So, here we are nearly 2 months into 2002 without a single new entry in the workstation/Microeditor forum, nor any replies from MTU to most of the queries raised in last year's threads....

I just thought I would again try to throw out the open-ended question: Does MicroEditor have a future? If so, what?

This is not intended as an idle question. I hope that MTU, as well as users, will respond.

I know that I personally (and perhaps stupidly) do not intend to sell off or trash my MTU systems and components yet, and that I will continue to edit and master CDs in MicroEditor. I am finding workarounds for other issues with MicroEditor, but am frustrated on many occasions when I want to apply the most elegant editing paradigm I have yet seen to much of my current work.

MTU's commitment to the Karaoke market is understandable, and even admirable. The silence and vagueries surrounding MicroEditor, however, are, and have been, disturbing.....I would have thought that some of the questions raised here about file formatting/interactivity, at least, would have garnered some interest from the home office......

As many of you know, I have long been a supporter (more like a rabid cheerleader, really) of MicroEditor and MTU, so, even if the formerly stellar customer support is gone forever, this is not a gripe. I'm just asking some simple questions: Is there anywhere to go from here? Will MTU be able to help us with this transition? How do the rest of you pros out there plan on proceeding?