View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2003, 10:31 AM
Frequent Member

the final set of questions, again...

I have raised these few questions again and again without answers, here, but I'll try one more time. The answers to these questions are the key, as I see it, to any further integration of MTU into a modern production environment. If the questions have been ansered effectively before, I apologize for my poor memory:

1. Will MTU's "Save as WAV" save a 24bit wave file from inside a 24 bit project?

2. Can anyone clearly define how to access the header info and how to work with it in order to exchange 32bit files with other modern programs (a la Cool Edit)?

3. Can Microeditor open a 24bit Broadcast Wave file, or can the extension be changed to have it simply be a .wav?

4. If so, what happens to the time code info?

Having complete and clear answers to the above questions would make life much easier for all of us, even with zero further development.....If the obvious needs above can be addressed by a little programming, tell us and tell us what it would cost.

....Anyone who wants to respond to me directly: Jim Smith mudsmith@earthlink.net

The 96k roadblock will be a real issue in another couple of years, but these questions answered will help us all get to at least that point.......I am seeing myself go into 96kmode on projects right now, but it still isn't encompassing my whole business, and CDs aren't going away anytime soon.