View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2003, 09:41 AM
Frequent Member

....look at the dates on these posts!

I started this post almost a year ago, and some of the most recent responses raise issues that go back literally to 1996!

I would love for these things to happen, but I don't realistically see MTU doing anything more with MicroEditor, and they have as much as said so time and time again (Prove me wrong , Dave!). I am actually kind of surprised that it was rewritten for XP.

I recently (and perhaps stupidly) bought a functional third MTU system from a user abandoning it for good, which means I have 2 on line and am waiting to figure out what to do with the parts I have for a 3rd.......With this new/used system came all the documentation, which included an official sheet from MTU promising multitrack projects and output in the next few months! 1996!

With Krystal in 1996, we got 24bit projects, some clean-up and enhancement of the code, and the death of further development for MicroEditor.

Nothing in terms of feature development has happened since then. None of the polling for money and interest has resulted in development. None of the user attempts to posit a simple development strategy have resulted in developments. None of the user attempts to clarify file-sharing info has resulted in good file sharing info.

I just see no evidence that anything further is in the cards. The business decision seems to have been made a very long time ago.

Again, Dave et al, I would love to be proved wrong.