View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2003, 04:03 PM

Question Medit Life

As I read through the forums I see a recurring theme.
Medit has reached EOL.
This saddens me because I currently have to recommend cheap off the shelf software to the retail computer market that I know does not perform.

If we as a user group can pull together and invest in Medit, Medit could rapidly become a driving force in the home studio and PC audio market again.

What would be required is that Medit be able to utilize some third party audio interface, such as those from M-Audio. Of course we will be told the software has to be re-written from the ground up and would take an exorbitant amount of resources. This is an investment opportunity for those of us who work with and love Medit and MicroCD. The return to the investor would be a great reward, not to mention saving Medit’s life.

Digidesign is making their software available free, I believe to try to capture this home studio and PC market group, as well as indoctrinate to their paradigm. Their free software runs off of any PC compatible sound card or audio interface. Getting Medit able to work with other audio hardware would be the resurrection of Medit.

The vision that built this software is a tremendous one. The commitment by others to this software is far reaching. Of course the world of the PC is changing minute by minute, and we have all had to adapt. We all know people, us included, who work with hard to use, clumsy software. If those we know could download Medit for less than $100, word would spread, and creativity would again become easy.

Soon we would be reading articles about the hot new software that is taking the home studio by storm, Microsound and MicroCD! Imagine how tremendous this would be. Soon Dave’s problem would be getting enough download sites to handle the volume.

I love my Microsound and know others would fall in love with it if given the chance. Specially those using the consumer/home studio software.