Originally Posted by Koone View Post
This is a brand new computer.
No games, No nero, No downloads.
No fragments or lost files.
No confused registry files.
Brand spanking new
VoGone is the first thing I loaded.
How could it be any cleaner ?

There is no such thing as a clean computer. As soon as Windows XP is loaded there are already fragmented files and extra/unnecessary entries in the registry. They are inherent in the install from Microsoft. If this is a computer bought from a major manufacturer like Dell or Gateway they have also loaded programs and support aids that you won't know about until you call them for support. One of those programs they load is usually a disc burning program such as Nero or Roxio which can cause problems as they want to control your drives and prevent any other program from using them. You say you don't have Nero loaded but how about Roxio?

Have you tried running a registry cleaning program to try and see if that would solve the problem? In a previous post you say all the updates have been done. Is that from using the Microsoft Auto Update or the Express Update from their web link? Or have you done the Custom Update as recommended by MTU to install all updates and most importantly the .net Framework? The Auto or Express only loads those updates deemed by Microsoft as being critical.

Quote:
Microsoft Windows XP
Quote:
Professional version 2002
Service Pack 2
MS Office 2003

AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual
Core Processor 5000+
2.60ghz, 1.87 GB RAM
Radeon HD 3870 GDDR4
Lite-ON DVD RW
Sony DVD RW
365 GIGs misc sata HD

I'm a little confused because you say above that Vogone is the only program loaded but in this list you say Microsoft Office 2003 is loaded.