Thread: 5.5 question
View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2004, 10:17 AM

Re: 5.5 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich LePage
Hi Bryan,
Thanks for getting back. Any reason the m/media driver is gone in 5.5 -- and any way to put it back?

The Direct X thing I mentioned has been true since it was first implemented in Medit-- on every system I've tried it on, Intel, AMD, you name it-- I never could get it to work right with any 3rd party Direct X programs, despite the same plug ins running fine on the same systems with other hosts like Cool Edit, etc.

I sent piles of notes on that one going way back to various beta versions of the DX enabler. In fact, I bought the Waves plug ins over 2 years ago, specifically to use with Medit, but I could never get them to work with it.

I held off on registering them (they will always run for 14 days in full function mode if you don't register them, but after that will not run any longer) -- due to the Direct X stuff in Medit never working right. Finally just recently I bit the bullet due to needing their de-esser, and they upgraded me free to a current version which allows you to use it with the ILOK key. You buy an ILOK (USB key made by Pace), and then they authorize the key, so that you can use the software on any computer you want, so long as you plug in the key to authorize it.

So, I then rolled their plug ins out to many computers, all of which also run Medit, but alas, the same result, Medit won't work with any of them. Yet most of the machines also have CEP and a cheapo sound card (bought to eventually allow Medit to preview Direct X) in them-- and under CEP (Cool Edit Pro or the Adobe version of it) the Waves stuff always runs just fine.

Hope all else there is going well. If you have any tips or things I might try, let me know.

Rich
Rich what version of waves are you using ?

Bill