View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2010, 01:00 PM

Red face Re: Genuine CD+G Disks

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo View Post
like i said in my previous post on other thread, when we bought these disc, we as the consumer already paid what ever it is that that should have been paid, it's the pruducers of these cdg's who are responsible to pay the original producers/artist of said disc, the original producers are probably going after these cdg producer, who probably didnt have the money to pay and in turn these cdg producers are going after us..and to have the right or license to use it is probably a scare tactic to get money from us and to help them pay the original producers/artist.
As I have said before, years ago, i would occasionally trade with a fellow performer, never realizing it WAS an act of piracy. I sure quite a few of you out there did the same. No harm was meant, no intent to defraud was meant. I did it without even thinking it was wrong. Some of these files are in my database and i can't even remember which is which without doing a prolonged time consuming search.
I believe this is what Sound Choice is betting on when they file these suits without checking anything. MOST kj's have illegal files in their database and they may have never intended to break the law or even thought of it as breaking the law.
I still say boycott Sound Choice and any other company that pursues an honest working man the way it is being done. I do believe you should catch the crooks.
muzicman144