View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2004, 12:01 PM
VIP

Unhappy Re: New External Plextor DVD+R/CD-R USB Drive

Mike,
Thanks for your response. I think you are missing the info in my post. I do have a Plextor Dvd/Cd burner that I purchased from the MTU. It will not read this disk so I can not burn a copy of this disk. Are you indicating that I should have a second burner? If so, how can I be assured that another Plextor drive will read this disk?

Bryan,
I have only tried to read this disk using MTU software programs. As mentioned previously, the disk does read and play in my Karaoke cd-g machines. It just won't read in the Plextor DVD+R/CD-R USB External Drive I just purchased from MTU. I have approximately 110 cd-g disks. I have now loaded 75 of them into Holster. This one disk is the only one that I have had a problem with so far. I believe 1 disk out of 75 that won't read is pretty good however, I find it strange that it works in the Pioneer Karaoke cd-g player. Actually this machine is a standard 301 disk cd player. I have my entire collection in this machine and use the optical output to a vocal pro cd-g decoder. This disk plays and gives me the lyrics on screen. If seems strange that the Plextor drive won't read it. It apparently has some quirk that the other machines aren't bothered with.

Thanks,
WaltR